Tuesday 19 February 2019

Let’s go!

Tomorrow is the day. I have been thinking about this week and particularly tomorrow for the past three months. Surprisingly I am not afraid at all, I feel just weird ticks of looking forwardness, joy, curiosity and nervousness. I can say that I can’t wait and I’m incredibly looking forward to this gig which is true but at the moment I’m trying to fully enjoy my two days of vacation and spend some quality time with my family. I’m blessed because the weather here is my sweet farewell gift, we are experiencing four days of sun. It’s really amazing.

Tonight I have to finish the packing and tomorrow morning I’m going to Prague. In the morning I have an appointment at my optometrist and then just directly to the airport. I see if I have some time to visit the airport lounge, but sincerely it doesn’t matter at all... At 3pm is my flight. It takes 2.5 hours, but after the time difference deduction at 4.30pm, I’m at Dublin airport. After I land and the obligatory coffee and cigarette, I plan to buy the Leap card which is a prepaid card for all kinds of transport and to go by the Airport link to the city centre. Then I will see, either I take mytaxi.ie or I will go by bus line 150 which stops right in front of my new home.

Tomorrow evening I’m meeting with Pascale, the French girl I rent the place from and her (for three months “my”) cat Fripouille. I’m bringing a bottle as a small gift. I thought about buying a Becherovka, but eventually, I decided to bring a bottle of Moet. Hope it’s gonna be ok. I have to think about what to buy for Fripouille :-)

A plan for the next four days of “still vacation” is to settle down, I have an appointment with the Welfare office on Thursday afternoon. Then I want to walk around a lot, to get oriented in my hood :-) I would like to see some cars as I have to buy one as soon as possible. I will need to buy some food, maybe even clothes, and I definitely need to make my first pit stop at Temple Bar. I don’t know if you knew (I didn’t) but Temple Bar is a whole district. I thought of it as some famous bar in Dublin. But no. And the word bar doesn’t actually mean a bar as a place to drink, but a bar as a riverside.
Temple Bar is a busy riverside neighbourhood, spread over cobbled pedestrian lanes. Crowded pubs host live folk music and DJ sets, and diners pack restaurants serving Asian, American and Irish cuisine. Quirky boutiques stock clothes and crafts by local designers. The National Photographic Archive highlights Ireland’s past, while the Project Arts Centre and Temple Bar Gallery + Studios show contemporary art.                                                                                                                                                    dublin.info
 If you want to read some more interesting info about Temple Bar, I refer you to Wikipedia.

Dublin's Temple Bar District









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leto po Irsku

  Tento zpusob leta... Dlouho jsem nic nenapsal, pritom veslych zazitku ze zivota na smaragdovem ostrove je docela dost... Naposledy kdyz js...